Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Grammarly Editor engineering team. The person in this role will lead a talented team of software engineers focused on developing Grammarly’s web and desktop-based editor application.
Our text editor experience is the primary interface for users to put their ideas on the page, refine them, and write the best version of their thoughts. The Editor team enables other teams to bring this essential editing experience to every place where people write. The Grammarly Editor is a foundational part of Grammarly’s vision of creating a comprehensive writing assistant.
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
• Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of reliability, simplicity, and productivity.
• Mentor engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
• Help drive engineering-wide initiatives with the rest of the engineering management team.
• Continue scaling a highly specialized engineering team.
• Be an effective people manager and a strong advocate for the team.
Grammarly exists because our engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs, which regularly influence the product roadmap and help chart the course for the future of our company. As our full-stack team aggressively scales our interfaces and distributed computing (with natural language processing and machine learning), to support our 20 million+ daily active users. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing exponentially. Read more from our team on our technical blog.
We’re looking for someone who
• Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
• Has an innate desire to help engineers learn new skills and advance in their career path.
• Demonstrates a strong track record of building and leading productive engineering teams.
• Is deeply technical but derives satisfaction in helping the team accomplish audacious goals.
• Has the ability to systematically break ambiguous problems down and build an execution plan.
• Shows strong technical judgment on engineering architecture and product decisions.
• Will put the user first when reasoning about trade-offs.
• Leads by example and sets the right context for decisions.
• Is passionate about helping millions of users across the world communicate more effectively, every day.
• Cares deeply about the work but also about how that work is accomplished.
• Thrives in environments where you have to make decisions with incomplete information but can change course when presented with new data.
• Is curious and has a learning mindset.
Support for you, professionally and personally
• Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
• A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
• Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.