We are looking for several Ukrainian English language teachers to work for us in the 2020-2021 academic year in our Kyiv, Odessa and Lviv schools. Full time 24 hour contracts are available, as well as part-time contracts.
You will teach a range of ages and levels, including young learners, adults and preparing students for their Pearson PTE exams and Cambridge YL exams. We are particularly interested in teachers with experience in teaching younger learners.
During the school closures for Coronavirus, we moved all of our schools online. As a result of this, in September we will offer classes face to face, online and blended. We are therefore prepared for any future quarantine situations.
We put significant focus on the development of our teachers. Our in-house professional development program is designed to support you in expanding your teaching knowledge and skills. There are regular input sessions on topics such as classroom management and teaching listening, speaking skills and connected speech, as well as workshops where teachers share their own activities on areas such as teaching young learners and using technology in the classroom.
You will have a mentor who will work with you on your personal development pathway and offer you support and advice on lesson planning and teaching. This mentor will observe you regularly to help you develop into the best teacher you can be.
We offer English lessons to all of our local teachers, and sponsorship to acquire international teaching certificates such as CPE and IELTS. As our schools are Cambridge and Pearson exam centres, teachers can train to be speaking examiners.
We are also looking for teachers who want to move into management roles. If you have, or are working towards, your Delta and you are interested in academic management and teacher training, we have a lot of opportunities for you.
- Hold a CELTA or Trinity qualification or equivalent
- Hold a higher education degree
- Have a certifiable C1 level of English
- Have at least 18 months experience teaching in a language school situation, including young learners
- Be willing to teach children and adults
- Experience teaching on Zoom is desirable
- A very competitive guaranteed monthly salary
- Full time contracts with official employment (24 hours). Preparation time is not included. Part time contracts may also be available.
- Medical cover
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay